Asia Music Festival Day 1 ( Music and People )

By Rihanna bukan nama sebenar

Sooo, how was the Asia Music Festival guys? Did you guys attended it?

Well, I came on the first day. Actually I was looking forward to attend it this year. Since last year was epic!

Many have said that this year #AsiaMF2014 attendees was lesser to compare to last year attendees. What would you guys say? Yay or nay? On certain degrees, I must agreed!

But last year I do remember that we have big bikers show. I think that have contributed to the bigger crowd last year.

Further to that we have local band performing on day 1 & 2 such as the Starlets band and Mountain band. And we have Sarawak local talent such as Melissa Francis and Hevance band. Not forgetting Bob Yusuf too. I think that really  attract the local people to come.

This year, STB have offered free shuttle service from four locations. But it seems like Miri people did not think that is attractive. Wish I knew why? Hmmm..

Anyway Hari Raya Haji holidays might have contributed to this lesser crowd too. People from other district or area might have gone back to their hometown just like me on the second day of this event. I wish I can tho. But it is like what people always said, family come first!

Anyway, enough about the crowd. Let us go through the acts performed on the first day of the #AsiaMF2014.

The first one to start was the local drummers gathered around Sarawak and most of them played for churches around Kuching area. They called themselves as Drumcall. I took few videos of them you can check them out on my Instagram. Click on my IG account on your right hand side. Thank you. They were good. Lol. But yeah. They were good.

Next was the band from Taiwan that called themselves as Pisco. They made disco music with piano. Get it? Pisco? No? The youngest guitarist is 27 years old. Am like whaaatttt???? She looks like she's 15 or something... lol..

Next  was Masia One from Singapore. A hip hop artist who sing raggae songs as well as hip hop. She is petite and very the energetic I tell you. I saw her at the back stage  with her shining pants and I tot she was like assistant or something like that. Who knows she was Masia One. I love her performances. The audiences too.and yeah she performed with this group called #shelby&sandy.  Nice comboI must say.

Move on to the next performer. This band came all the way from Philippines and they called themselves as Pancake80.  Dont ask me what's with names. I love pancakes that is all am saying. People did enjoyed their music. Me? Not really. Am not a fan of classic rock or something like that. I am into something beaty. You know what am saying? Lol again.

The last one to perform that night was Salam Musik. I was looking forward to listen to their live performances.  All this while I only listen to them on the radio.
And I tell you, they were that good. Local Malaysian artist maaa? Of course. Support local artists people! I was too excited and I literally forgot to buy their cd that day. Dayuummm. Very big sigh.

And yeah please visit my IG if u want to view the first day photos and vid ok?

Overall comment? Well, it can be better. More local acts I guess. Does not have to be from Miri. But if they are, it is like a bonus.

For more photos and videos check out our Miri own Sarawak Bloggers team's blogs:

Alvynna - www.missalvy.com
Petrus Kalom - www.alomsframebox.weebly.com
Fabian - everydaylifewithian.blogspot.com
LadybirdEileen - www.awomandiary.com
Angelina - elenaaradia.wordpress.com
Pei Pei - peipei87.blogspot.com
Abg Jo - adjaymagic.blogspot.com

I assure you that they have best photos and videos as compared to what I have here. I swear!

You know, the best part of attending this event was not only for the music. The best part for me is having new friends while having fun with old friends.  That is it! Music can bring us together just like football. You know who you are people!  Ok la gonna mentioned your name here. Peipei, Angelina and Hubby, Faza from Borneo Bulletin, Lisham from Traxxfm you all the BOMB lah! Not forgetting Alom, Ian, Kak Leen, Abg Jo, Roundhead, Iqbal, & Azizzz bahhh you all are in my da BOMB list too ok. Higher up! Hahha.. satisfy yet?

Before I end this entry I would like to give thanks to Sarawak Tourism Board and Sarawak Bloggers for giving me another opportunity to attend the Asia Music Festival. I've had fun and I could not ask for more. I wish that next year line up gonna be better and POWER!  Hopefully we will have more initiatives for advertising the event. I really think that AsiaMF2014 is better than BJazz tho. In terms of music genre.

 Sorry to say that lol. But yeah. I enjoyed last year and this year performances.

Thank you once again STB and Sarawak Bloggers! 


Comments

alamak.. happening photos! woohooo...!!!
kacak kitak ehh.. kedak lynda Traxx FM.. hahaha...
Unknown said…
james Bond: thanksssss... blurry laaaa...
Gustino: eee ngegeh nya ktk!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

berita gembira untuk aku

satu permulaan

satu hal