Professional Staff Writing Placement Assessment

by RihanNa (bukan Nama Sebenar)

So i register myself to an English Course organized by the Learning Centre last few weeks.
received an email this morning, to write and essay of 300-350 words.

here is the instruction.



1) Narrative Prompt:
Think of something you have done that you are proud of. Maybe you learned how to
swim, cooked a three-course meal for your family, or solved a difficult puzzle. Tell what
happened and how it made you feel. In your story, include details that show why you are proud of this accomplishment. Take your time planning, writing, revising, and proofreading this essay.

2) Persuasive Prompt:
Write an essay proposing a new national holiday. Explain the meaning and background
of the event or person being honored and why a national holiday is justified. You anticipate that there might be people who do not agree with your idea, so be prepared to concede a point and defend your reasoning. Your reasons and evidence should come from information that you already know. You should not do research to complete this test. Take your time planning, writing, revising, and proofreading this essay.

so I chose number 1. 

not sure i did it right or not. oh hell. i submitted it anyway. cant wait to attend the course.. 
am dying to improve my English. =( 

Chen help me to check for grammatical error. thanks Chen. 

so here is the essay i submitted.



Title: The Degree and I story.

Since I was a little girl, my late-father had thought us how important it is to study and having a degree. I came from an average kind of family. Therefore, to pursue in a prestige university is a bit difficult for me, what more to say overseas universities.

After SPM, I pursued my study in Labuan Matriculation College. I was lucky that I received an offer from UiTM in pursuing BBA (Hons) Marketing after completing my matriculation. The course fee was cheap and affordable. I am glad that I did not put a burden on my father’s shoulder, back then.

Things happen for no reason. My father has passed away during my fifth semester. My level of motivation dropped drastically until I decided to quit study and help my mother. All I thought that time was who is going to support our living now? I only had one more semester, should I quit? Everyone told me not to quit study just yet but my heart was too fragile and heartbroken. I am my father’s girl. I was close to my father, and that is why I am not ready to suffer a life without him. He was always there when I needed him. He motivated me in a way nobody other does.

I remembered when he said, ‘by the time you graduate, your mother and I will be at your Convocation Day.’ That is when, my motivation become hundred and fifty percent again. During my graduation day, I flew all by myself to Uitm Shah Alam. My friends help me with the accommodation, so I saved a lot. I am glad that I have wonderful friends like them. 

Even though no one bought me a bouquet of flower to congratulate me during the Convocation Day, deep down in my heart I knew my father would be proud of me and my achievement on that day, because I am proud of myself. Six years has passed now since my father has left us, and I am still the only one in my family who has a degree. I encourage my brothers and sisters to have one too but I am not sure if they understand the importance of having a degree qualification. 


regards,

Reyyanna

Comments

Adi Herman said…
very nice writings you have there...im very impressed
Unknown said…
xda la bro. biasa jak.hihi.ya pun ada grammar error. dh di betol kawan kmk.modified sikit sia sitok. maka jadila essay tersebuttt...

Popular posts from this blog

berita gembira untuk aku

satu permulaan

satu hal