Day 2 at Borneo Jazz Festival 2012

by RihanNa (bukan Nama Sebenar)


After so many trials to open blogspot thru IE, Chrome and Mozilla..feww.. here i am starting to blog bout Borneo Jazz Festival 2012. who would have thought that blogger have limitations too?lol..anyway...here goes..

The 1st day performance was still echoing in my ear.. awww...awesome night I must say. The 2nd say was not bad at all. At first i was questioning myself, can second day performers upbeat the first day? Scroll down and read more... (",)

Promo Banner

 This is my second day wristband...

orangey taggy
Manage to took a pic of this wristband while i am in the media room, surviving from the coldness of the air conditioned (sekali lagi keluar tajuk)

Click here to see whom among the Sarawak Blogger covered the Borneo Jazz Festival in Miri.
From left Ema, Eileen, Adjay and me....
ok. Enough on the promoting friends. Wel1, to start up the performance that night, Tropic Green from Singapore played some Jazzy for the audience. As i said earlier in my previous post, I am not a Jazz listener my self, yet we can still move2, twist2 thru out Tropic Green performance. But still...... not up to my eargasm yet! yet...ok....wait till we see the next performer.However, the Cuban drummer and his father ( whom, towards the end invited by the lead pianist to perform together with his son) was AWESOME.... who would have tot, he was amongst the crowd. just behind us. (me and adjay) Lol.. and we were like 'you must be kidding me aite?' fro a while. but ya..that, i will not forget.

meet the Tropic Green (credit to STB official photographer)


i mite be biased..

but then again i'm a women


This group comprises of musicians coming from Singapore,UK, USA, and Japan . click here to know more on their award and performance.

Next, is Tangora from France (pronunciation harus ala2 France juga ya).. she have this aura. I love her purple dress that night together with colorful long cardigan. The dim purple lighting even makes her performance looks absolute JazzMad if you know what i mean. She even makes the Kedungdung shrungkung yayayyaayyaaaa thingy. like what the Slixs did the other day. I love that. something different I must say. and what I love the most from Tangora is when she sing a song bout this girl at the Amazon river.

meet Tangora (credit to Borneo Jazz gallery)

this dress awwww...


Next is the Schalk Joubert's and the 3 Continents Sextet from South Africa. Mind blowing JazzMad music from these band.
I love their performance. All of them are very talented. combination of musician from  USA, Norway, & Sweden. That is why they call themselves  the 3 continents. duuuhhh.What i remember the most is the Percussion guy name Rich Armstrong. He sing and he plays the percussion too. uh. I just love the different elements that they brought that nite. Truly unforgettable performance. the 3 ladies with Trombone(Karin Hammar) , Alto Sax( Shannon Mowday) , and Trumpet (Hildegun Oiseth) was the centre of attraction that nite. pendek kata awesome lah...everything is..
Schalk Joubert's and the 3 Continets Sextet
meet Schalk Joubert (credit to Borneo Jazz gallery)




While I was in the mood to enjoy Schalk Joubert's and the band performance, there goes my BB batt, totally drained. and I could not tweet up the nest performer which is Mr. Saxman.


Up Next Mr. Koh and the Takeshi Band. Sound Japanese right. nope. this band is from Thailand. yup. Mr. Koh is a very sweet talker, but when he blows the Saxo, he blew everyone's mind. Awesomely played Mr Saxman.


Mr Koh the Saxman (credit to Borneo Jazz gallery)

the Takeshi band (credit to Borneo Jazz Gallery)

Unfortunately, I can only hear he played the Sax from the media room.. as Iwas charging up my BB.. BB why you no give me notification before you dieeeeeee? end up. charging for about 10 minutes and heading for supper. super lapar sudaaahhhhh....

Just in time for the finale performance..However, no tweet updates, too low on battery and you get no signal sign. perfect. just perfect. like I die there. Lol.
finale performance

ya.. i am biased. lol..

its a wrap up everyone

pose ngegeh from behind
After the final performance, we stayed there for bout 20 minutes just to took some wrap up photos for the 5 blogger that cover up the final event... awesome...


I can't feel my feet later that nite.I think my mind drove me home. Lol.

New experience better than CherrieBerries nite out. Lol...

Well before I end this, I would like to  take this opportunity to shout out my thanks and bow to @Gustinotravel @SWKBLOGS @Sarawaktravel ( find them in twitter )and also STB as a whole for this great event. Being a first timer, I am glad to be part of this amazing Festival. Let me know if you need help in future event . Whatever it is, i cant forget to express my gratitude to my blog guru @LadybirdMolly who has been the one invited me in the first place. sangkiu kak Leen... i lap you lah..

Till me next post everyone....

Comments

wow.. i want to go there at Borneo Jazz next year lah..!
Unknown said…
hahahah.....you must be going lah.... you are with STB wekkk...
LadyBird Eileen said…
I lap u too-Kak Leen (bkn nama sebenar) ;p
Unknown said…
hahha....siot kak Leen.. kentut depan2 lak...
sheryzan said…
I think I took Jeffny pict. Maybe video kmk ambik pun byk focus nya, oppps! Hahahaha. He is ohsem!
Unknown said…
ooopss.. ya..ktk amik ya..i should say ejan yang biased...hahah

Popular posts from this blog

berita gembira untuk aku

satu permulaan

satu hal